Here’s some info on this trip:
- CHA to ATL to IAD on Delta. IAD to CDG to Dublin on Air France. Dublin to AMS to IAD on KLM. IAD to ATL to CHA on Delta. More legs and airports than I’d like, but I got a super deal from Washington Dulles (IAD).
- Books: The True Flag by Stephen Kinzer. It’s about the Spanish-American War, which doesn’t get covered much in US schools, so I’m learning lots of new things.
- Music: Plenty. I’ve been discovering all of my collection again by filling up my new desktop with my CDs. Long story and long process.
- TV: None, I’m going to read.
- Guide Book: Lonely Planet Dublin
- My Mother’s Biggest Fear: Nothing this time. That’ll be two trips in a row!
- My Biggest Fear: Too much Guinness.
- Plans: I bought tickets to two St. Patrick’s Festival events, checking out the parade, several museums, a pub or two, some bookstores, record stores, etc.
The biggest part of this trip, outside of the cool stuff in Dublin, will be my first attempt in a long time to sleep on a plane. I have never really been able to so I have stopped trying. I am planning to give it a shot again. I figure if I can get even a small nap in, it will be better than nothing.
I am also trying out my new AirPods for the first time. The new iPhone I got a few months back was the 8, and it saw the removal of the headphone jack. Since the earbuds now plugged into the charging port, it makes it impossible to charge and listen at the same time. If you also add the fact that one of my cats chewed the wire on my new earbuds that came with the phone, the jump to wireless was a no-brainer. Sigh.